Monday, September 17, 2012

What Is This Feeling?


In our family music is a source of happiness!  Quite often silence is not heard in our house because music is being played on the iPod, or Scott playing Bass, or one of us belting out a song just because we feel like it at that moment.  

Lily is the singer in our family (I pretend sometimes).  She loves Broadway tunes and has an affinity for the musical "Wicked."  This past spring she performed "What Is This Feeling?" from "Wicked" with her girlfriend at A.D.A.M. They were pretty good for their first live performance together!


Due to the lighting at this venue getting a good picture was difficult, but I still wanted to document this event for Lily.  I focused on using a great color in the background to pull the viewer in. This is why I chose the kelly green dotted paper.  It is the backside of the new Golf paper (#1416) found in the "Sports and Activities" line.  Isn't it so bold and fun?

To create the hexagons, I cut the Dance paper (#1341) from "The Sport Is..." using my Sizzix 2" Hexagon die cut.  The pictures and hexagons are bordered with plain black cardstock to make them pop just a little bit.

I hope you find some time for a bit of music in your life today!
~Katie

No comments: