Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Just One of The Guys

Hey there, everyone!  I hope you are enjoying a beautiful summer day!

For today's project, I was determined to use a photo that I'd already printed and just "had" to scrap, but hadn't got to it yet.  I found the perfect one that was just begging for some SS&M papers to go with!

Unfortunately, my son was not able to play Little League, so we were on the lookout for an opportunity for him to continue his love and participation in baseball.  And, the perfect opportunity presented itself when Colby was able to be the Bat Boy for the 7th Grade baseball team at the school that I teach at.  The boys had been playing together since they were Colby's age, but took him in as though he'd been on the team all along.  In the first practice that Colby went to, they boys were introduced to him and then started running laps.  As they ran off, one of them turned around and said, Colby, are you coming?!"  And, that's how it started!

The season continued and they taught him everything we need to know to be a part of the team-- what to do a bat boy, how (and when) to cheer for his teammates and, most importantly, how to spit sunflower seeds!  I was so proud of my son AND my students for being a great team!

Enough yapping..... here's my layout!  It's simple, because I wanted to focus to be on this fabulous picture of Colby on the bench with his team.


And, here's a close up:
(you may notice that there's no black line in the close up... I decided to add it after I took the first round of photos... it just needed "something else" and I forgot to take a closeup shot!) 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you were inspired!

~Nicole

Products Used:
#1337- The Sport Is.... Baseball (baseball strip)
#1359- School is Cool: 4th Grade (yellow)
#1370- Title Sports: Cross Country (green)

No comments: