Friday, September 30, 2011

Bittersweet

This is Jordan's final season of college soccer.  It seems like just yesterday that she was 4 years old and tripping over her feet when she ran.  The doctor suggested putting her in soccer where she would have to keep the ball at her feet when she ran.  Who could have guessed that that would be the start of 17 amazing years of soccer. Soccer has been part of our lives for almost 18 years and now we are 2 months away from this chapter in our lives coming to a close.  I can't even imagine that there will be no more games.  No more butterflies in my stomach as she takes the field.  No more private celebrations every time she makes an amazing save.  No more instant prayers when she collides with another player.  I will no longer be the mother of the keeper.  No one envied me that role, but I reveled in it.  I wouldn't have had it any other way. 

Here is a layout from last year's season.  She played amazing and was awarded some great honors.  This year is starting out no different.  Already this preseason, she has been the Defensive Player of the Week for her conference twice.  I can't wait to watch every single game.  I won't miss one minute.


Products Used:

The Sport is.... Soccer - #1349
Super Size stickers - Soccer - #5570
Title Sports - #1384 - Wrestling

Title Sports - #1375 - Hockey
Title Sports - #1370 - Cross Country
#5575 High School Cardstock Stickers
#1357- First Grade

No comments: